Liquor Licensing

The Town Clerk has all the necessary forms and information to guide you through the liquor licensing process. All new liquor licenses, transfers and renewals must be approved by both the Town of Crested Butte and the Colorado Department of Revenue. The Town Clerk will assist you in processing your application and will forward your application and applicable fees to the Colorado Department of Revenue once the application is approved by the Town Council.  Liquor License fees are payable to both the Town of Crested Butte and the Colorado Department of Revenue.

A public hearing before the Crested Butte Town Council, which serves as the Local Liquor Licensing Authority, is necessary for all new liquor licenses, transfer liquor licenses and some special events liquor licenses if protests on the application are received.

Please allow at least two months for processing of a new liquor license and one month for a special events liquor license. For a step by step outline of the application procedure please read Liquor License Application Procedures. 

Visit the Liquor Enforcement Division of the Colorado Department of Revenue for liquor licensing information as well as an online copy of the State of Colorado Liquor and Beer Code.  You can also obtain liquor license applications and forms.     

 Contact Town Clerk Lynelle Stanford at 970-349-5338 or for information regarding liquor licensing.